It is the policy of Nebraska Public Power District (District) that members of the public be permitted to attend and speak at meetings of the Board of Directors (Board) which are open to the public. The Board will not require members of the public to identify themselves as a condition for admission to any such meeting. The following rules will apply to the receiving of comments from members of the public at any such meeting.
- Each regular Board meeting shall have a public comment period on the agenda. This shall not apply to special or emergency Board meetings. The Board, at its sole discretion, may allow additional public comment opportunities if it deems doing so appropriate.
- Any member of the public addressing the Board shall state his or her name and address, the name of any organization or person he or she is representing, and whether he or she desires to submit any written comments or other materials to the Board. All such written materials shall be received on behalf of the Board by the individual designated by the Chairperson.
- The Chairperson may at any time direct that specific questions or comments addressed by the speaker to the Board, or to any member of the Board, or to any other representative of the District, be responded to by the Chairperson, or by another member of the Board, or by any other representative of the District, or that the matter be taken under advisement.
- The Chairperson may at any time limit the amount of time a speaker may have to comment or make further comment with respect to any matter or for any meeting. The Chairperson may limit the total amount of time for which the Board will receive public comment with respect to any matter or for any meeting.
- The District may at any time make and enforce any other or additional rules regarding the conduct of persons attending or speaking at meetings of the Board.