The December 2021 meeting of the Board of Directors of Nebraska Public Power District will be held Wednesday and Thursday, December 8-9, 2021, in the Board Room at NPPD’s General Office, 1414 15th Street, Columbus, Nebraska. NPPD Board committees will also meet December 9, at the Columbus General Office.
The schedule for NPPD’s December 2021 Board meeting is as follows:
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2021
- NPPD Board of Directors Meeting, General Counsel Report – 3:30 p.m., Board Room
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2021
- NPPD Board of Directors Meeting, General Counsel Report – 8:00 a.m., Board Room
- Energy Supply Committee – following General Counsel Report, Platte Room
- Customer and Support Services Committee – following General Counsel Report, Loup Room
- Board Strategic Business Matters – following Customer and Support Services Committee and Energy Supply Committee, Board Room
- NPPD Board of Directors Meeting – following Board Strategic Business Session, Board Room
- Nuclear Committee of the Whole – will meet as part of the Board of Directors Meeting
- Public Comments – 10:30 a.m., Board Room
The public will be able to watch a live video stream of the Board of Directors Meeting on Thursday, December 9, by accessing nppd.com via computer. The video stream is expected to begin at approximately 9:30 a.m. with Strategic Business Matters; further schedule updates will be available on NPPD’s website the morning of December 9. Committee meetings will not be video streamed (the Nuclear Committee is a committee of the whole and will meet as part of the regular Board of Directors Meeting).
It is possible that portions of the December 8-9, 2021, meetings will be held in Executive Session. Agendas for these meetings are kept continuously current and are available for public inspection during business hours at the office of the Assistant Secretary at the Columbus General Office, Columbus, Nebraska, or online at https://nppd.com/about-us/live-streaming. The agenda for the December 9, 2021, meeting includes, among other matters: (1) consideration of revised rates for customers being provided wholesale electric service by NPPD under the General Firm Power Service (GFPS) Rate Schedule, Simultaneous Buy/Sell Rate Schedule, Standby Service Rate Schedule, Economic Development Rate Schedule, Large Customer Market-Based Rate Schedule, or the Transmission Service Rate Schedule, which rate schedules are proposed to become effective for service provided on and after February 1, 2022; (2) consideration of revised rates for customers being provided retail electric service by NPPD, including a revised Large Industrial Service Rate Schedule, Interruptible Service Rider Rate Schedule, Market-Based Rate Rider Rate Schedule, Net Metering Service Rider Rate Schedule, Simultaneous Buy/Sell Service Rider Rate Schedule, and Standby Service Rider Rate Schedule, all of which are proposed to become effective for service provided on and after either February 1, 2022, or June 1, 2022, depending on the specific rate schedule.