The December 2019 meeting of the Board of Directors of Nebraska Public Power District will beheld Wednesday and Thursday, December 11-12, 2019, at NPPD’s General Office,1414 15th Street, Columbus, Nebraska. NPPD Board committees will also meet December 11‑12, at the Columbus General Office.
The schedule for NPPD’s December 2019 Board meeting is as follows:
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
- Board Governance (Ad Hoc) Committee – 2:00 p.m., Board Room
- Strategic Planning Committee – following Board Governance (Ad Hoc)Committee, Board Room
- NPPD Board of Directors Meeting, General Counsel Report – following Strategic Planning Committee, Board Room
Thursday, December 12, 2019
- Customer and Support Services Committee – 8:30 a.m., Loup Room
- Energy Supply Committee – 8:30 a.m., Platte Room
- Board Strategic Business Session – following Customer and Support Services Committee and Energy Supply Committee, Board Room
- NPPD Board of Directors Meeting – following Board Strategic Business Session, Board Room
- Nuclear Committee of the Whole – will meet as part of the Board of Directors Meeting
- Public Comments – 10:30 a.m., Board Room
The public will be able to watch a live video stream of the Board of Directors Meeting on Thursday, December 12, by accessing www.nppd.com/via computer. The video stream is expected to begin at approximately 9:45 a.m.with the Strategic Business Session; further schedule updates will be available on NPPD’s website the morning of December 12. Committee meetings will not be video streamed (the Nuclear Committee is a committee of the whole and will meet as part of the regular Board of Directors Meeting).
It is expected that a one-hour lunch recess will begin at approximately 12:00 noon on Thursday, December 12.
It is possible that portions of the December 11-12, 2019, meetings will be held in Executive Session. Agendas for these meetings are kept continuously current and are available for public inspection during business hours at the office of the Assistant Secretary at the Columbus General Office, Columbus, Nebraska, or online at https://www.nppd.com/board-legal-notice. The agenda for the December 12, 2019, meeting includes, among other matters: (1) consideration of revised rates for customers being provided wholesale electric service by NPPD under the General Firm Power Service (GFPS) Rate Schedule, the Simultaneous Buy/Sell Rate Schedule, the Standby Service Rate Schedule, or the Large Customer Interruptible Rate Schedule, which rate schedules are proposed to become effective for service provided on and after February 1, 2020; (2) consideration of revised rates for customers being provided retail electric service by NPPD, all of which are proposed to become effective for service provided on and after either January 1, 2020, or February 1, 2020, depending on the specific rate schedule; and (3) consideration of revised Retail Service Rules and Regulations, proposed to become effective February 1, 2020.