Advantages of Community Solar verses Roof Top Solar
- Since there's no system installed on your roof, you don't need to worry about maintenance.
- There is no added cost because taxes, insurance, and electrical inspections are eliminated.
- Anyone can enjoy the benefits of solar even if you don’t own a home (single family residences, duplexes, condominiums, townhouses, apartments, businesses)
- Community solar takes advantage of economies of scale, which allows for more efficient and economical energy generation.
- Rooftop solar systems typically require a sizable upfront investment to cover the cost of installation.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a retail customer in good standing with NPPD
- be located within a pilot community (Kearney, Venango, Scottsbluff)
Exclusions are lighting accounts and customers who already have their own generation.
Minimum program length is one month. Customers are allowed to exit the program at any time after the one month period.
Maximum program length is the term of the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
A $50 refundable enrollment fee is credited back to the account on the 3-year anniversary date of enrollment.
Customers can move to another address within their community and keep their community solar shares. Participation will be terminated upon relocation out of the community. Shares are not transferable to other customers, family or friends.