- Available to residential customers of Nebraska Public Power District and its wholesale utility customers.
- Customer must complete and submit a Reservation Application prior to purchase and/or installation.
- Require approval by the electric utility before purchase or installation.
- Electric Vehicle incentive applies only to New Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV). Hybrid vehicles will not be eligible. To receive the Vehicle incentive, customer must also purchase and install a ChargePoint 32 amp, Wi-Fi enabled home charging station at the same single or multi-family residential location.
- EV Home charging station incentive applies only to a ChargePoint 32 amp, Wi-Fi enabled home charging station.
- Customer must agree to allow utility to collect vehicle charging data through on-site Wi-Fi. This authorization is provided by signature to authorize ChargePoint, Inc., the ability to release usage information generated by the installed ChargePoint home charging station to the utility. Signature is required on the Reservation Application.
- Pre-Wiring incentive applies to new construction, single or multi-family residential home pre-wiring with NM cable for minimum ampacity of 32 Amps continuous load per NEC (National Electrical Code) or the running of appropriate size conduit per NEC, from the load center to a future NEMA 6-50 receptacle.
- Existing single or multi-family residential home pre-wiring incentive is only available to customers that are preapproved, qualify and participate in this home charging station installation incentive program.
- Once the Reservation Application is approved, there is a set time period to provide the proof of purchase or installation. If this time period is not met, the application will expire.
a) Time Periods for Reservation to Expire:
i) Electric Vehicle Purchase – 7 Days
ii) Charging Station Installation – 90 Days
iii) Pre-Wiring Installation – 90 Days
b) If Reservation expires, customer may complete and submit another Reservation Application if so desired.
- To obtain the incentive, an Incentive Payment Application must be completed along with the associated proof of purchase or installation that itemizes the vehicle purchased, the charging station purchased and installed, and electrician verification of the pre-wiring installation.
- Program is subject to the Terms and Conditions as outlined on the application.
Program made possible by a grant from the Nebraska Environmental Trust (NET) and a partnership with the Nebraska Community Energy Alliance (NCEA).