The December 2018 meeting of the Board of Directors of Nebraska Public Power District will be held Wednesday and Thursday, December 12-13, at NPPD’s General Office, 1414 15th Street, Columbus, Nebraska. NPPD Board committees will also meet December 12‑13, at the Columbus General Office.
The schedule for NPPD’s December 2018 Board meeting is as follows:
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2018
- Board Governance (Ad Hoc) Committee – 3:30 p.m., Board Room
- NPPD Board of Directors Meeting, General Counsel Report – following Board Governance (Ad Hoc) Committee, Board Room
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2018
- Budget Committee – 8:30 a.m., Board Room
- Strategic Planning Committee – following Budget Committee, Board Room
- Customer and Support Services Committee – following Strategic Planning Committee, Loup Room
- Energy Supply Committee – following Strategic Planning Committee, Platte Room
- Board Strategic Business Session – following Customer and Support Services Committee and Energy Supply Committee, Board Room
- NPPD Board of Directors Meeting – following Board Strategic Business Session, Board Room
- Nuclear Committee of the Whole – will meet as part of the Board of Directors Meeting
- Public Comments – 11:00 a.m., Board Room
The public will be able to watch a live video stream of the Board of Directors Meeting on Thursday, December 13, by accessing www.nppd.com/ via computer. The video stream is expected to begin at approximately 10:30 a.m. with the Strategic Business Session; further schedule updates will be available on NPPD’s website the morning of December 13. Committee meetings will not be video streamed (the Nuclear Committee is a committee of the whole and will meet as part of the regular Board of Directors Meeting).
It is expected that a one-hour lunch recess will begin at approximately 12:00 noon on Thursday, December 13.
It is possible that portions of the December 12-13, 2018, meetings will be held in Executive Session. Agendas for these meetings are kept continuously current and are available for public inspection during business hours at the office of the Assistant Secretary at the Columbus General Office, Columbus, Nebraska, or online at www.nppd.com/about-us/board-of-directors/. The agenda for the December 13, 2018, meeting includes, among other matters: (1) consideration of revised rates for customers being provided wholesale electric service by NPPD under the General Firm Power Service (GFPS) Rate Schedule, the Buy-Through Program Rate Schedule, the Economic Development Rate Schedule, the Transmission Service (T‑2) Rate Schedule, or the Production Cost Adjustment (PCA) Rate Schedule, which rate schedules are proposed to become effective for service provided on and after February 1, 2019; (2) consideration of revised rates for customers being provided retail electric service by NPPD, all of which are proposed to become effective for service provided on and after either January 1, 2019 or February 1, 2019, depending on the specific rate schedule; and (3) consideration of a Revised 2019 Capital Projects Budget, which proposed budget is available for public inspection during business hours at the office of the Assistant Secretary at the Columbus General Office, Columbus, Nebraska.