House and Structure Moving Guidelines
It is Nebraska Public Power District’s policy to recover its actual costs involved in structure moving jobs with minimal inconvenience to other customers and least disruption to regularly scheduled work. Accordingly, the following terms and conditions apply to house and structure moves:
- The Owner or Mover will pay NPPD a $200 Routing Deposit for any inquiries regarding house and structure moves. The $200 is for the time involved in going over the route, getting measurements, and writing up the estimate. The Routing Deposit will be applied toward the final bill. The $200 Routing Deposit, with the map of the route, will be collected at the closest billing office in the area the house is being moved from (Chadron, Scottsbluff, McCook, Ogallala, Kearney, York, O’Neill, Norfolk, South Sioux City, Plattsmouth, or Aurora).
- The Owner or Mover must select the route at least one month prior to the actual moving of the house and structure, and it must be submitted to NPPD with a map showing the route. NPPD will prepare a written House and Structure Move Estimate and will submit it to the Customer prior to the actual move. This estimate will include the agreed upon route.
- When moving houses or buildings, the roof, including the peaks, must be the highest point of the facility being moved. With all moves, it is the Owner or Mover’s responsibility to remove all extremities of the house and structure being moved. This includes, but is not limited to, chimneys, lightning rods, wire, weather vanes, etc.
- A minimum of three (3) weeks’ notification to NPPD from the Owner or Mover is requested before the move actually takes place. Notification of cancellation of a move must be made no less than four (4) hours prior to the scheduled start of the move to avoid all-out charges and/or loss of Routing Deposit.
- Payment of the estimated charges must be submitted to NPPD prior to the beginning of the move. This will be equal to one and one-half (1 1/2) times the amount of NPPD’s estimate and must be paid in the form of cash, Cashier’s Check, Certified Check, or bank draft.
- If during the move NPPD determines charges will be significantly more than the estimated amount due to unforeseen difficulties or changes in the planned move, the Owner or Mover will be notified and an additional amount will be required and must be paid before the completion of the move. This additional amount must also be remitted in the form of cash, Cashier’s Check, Certified Check, or bank draft.
- Upon completion of the move, NPPD will bill actual charges against the Customer’s account with all payment amounts credited. Any credit remaining on the Customer’s account after actual charges have been posted will be refunded within two (2) weeks after completion of the move.
For additional information or questions, call 1-877-ASK-NPPD (275-6773).