Nebraska Center for Energy Sciences Research
Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) is proud to partner with and provide funding for UNL’s Energy Sciences Research Center http://ncesr.unl.edu/ and its projects which ultimately benefit Nebraska and NPPD customers.
Through the Center, NPPD:
- Supports energy science research which has the potential to lead to disruptive innovations in clean energy technology.
- Expands UNL’s clean energy sciences research portfolio and impacts Nebraska, the nation and the world.
- Assists in leveraging synergies across UNL departments and colleges, centers and institutes by supporting or hosting conferences and workshops that advance the understanding of emerging clean energy technologies.
- Encourages the application of clean energy technologies as an opportunity for economic development in Nebraska, particularly mindful of the state’s commitment to the larger agri-business sector and the continuing need for a greater understanding of the synergies among water, energy and agriculture.
- Fosters the development of strategic energy partnerships with industry, universities and national laboratories, and provide value regarding science and technology development to meet current challenges and emerging needs.
- Supports fundamental and applied energy science and engineering research to educate the next generation of energy science and technology leaders.
For more information, view the 2017 Energy Center report.
How it works:
At the direction of the center, UNL faculty members develop research proposals which are reviewed by a special panel of peers from industry, government and academia. The panel evaluates the research proposals on their merits.
Take a look at recent projects: