Nebraska Center for Energy Sciences Research
At the direction of the center, UNL faculty members have developed research proposals that are reviewed by a special panel of peers from industry, government and academia that evaluate the research proposals on their merits. Ongoing research projects are described in Attachment “A”. The External Advisory Committee meets periodically to review the progress of the research projects. The center’s website is located at: http://www.ncesr.unl.edu.
To achieve the vision, the Energy Center plans to:
- Support energy science research at UNL that has the potential to lead to disruptive innovations in clean energy technology, expand UNL’s clean energy sciences research portfolio and impact Nebraska, the nation and the world.
- Assist in leveraging synergies across UNL departments and colleges, centers and institutes by supporting or hosting conferences and workshops that advance the understanding of emerging clean energy technologies.
- Encourage the application of clean energy technologies as an opportunity for economic development in Nebraska, particularly mindful of the state’s commitment to the larger agri-business sector and the continuing need for a greater understanding of the synergies among water, energy and agriculture.
- Continue to partner with Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) to provide important opportunities to impact UNL energy sciences research and benefit NPPD customers.
- Foster the development of strategic energy partnerships with industry, universities and national laboratories, and provide value regarding science and technology development to meet current challenges and emerging needs.
- Support fundamental and applied energy science and engineering research to educate the next generation of energy science and technology leaders.
For more information, view the following: